A Recovery Circle is a small support group facilitated by a staff person, trained community volunteer, or a long-term Member.
Recovery Circles are supportive groups that promote healing through:
- The giving and receiving of respectful, non-punitive feedback and gentle reminders of the primary goal of healthier living.
- Preventing relapse through the identification of triggers or high-risk situations for relapse.
- Promoting the development of skills for avoiding drugs and alcohol and building alternative social and recreational opportunities.
- Teaching accountability by requiring attendance or previous notice of absence.
- Supporting participants as they live through the symptoms of mental illness and become educated about the importance of consistent medication management in recovery.
We have 40+ Recovery Circles that take place Tuesday - Saturday.