A Recovery Circle is a small support group facilitated by a staff person, trained community volunteer, or a long-term Member.
Recovery Circles are supportive groups that promote healing through:
- The giving and receiving of respectful, non-punitive feedback and gentle reminders of the primary goal of healthier living.
- Preventing relapse through the identification of triggers or high-risk situations for relapse.
- Promoting the development of skills for avoiding drugs and alcohol and building alternative social and recreational opportunities.
- Teaching accountability by requiring attendance or previous notice of absence.
- Supporting participants as they live through the symptoms of mental illness and become educated about the importance of consistent medication management in recovery.
We have 26 Recovery Circles that take place Tuesday - Saturday (see Calendar).